I used to believe there were certain things God didn’t want me to write. Because every time I try to write them, I hit a bump in the road. I’ve been trying to write this motivational piece all year, but every time I sit down to try, something stops me. Then I remembered that’s the whole reason why I should be writing it in the first place.
There are some things roadblocks should stop people from doing…achieving your goals is not one of them.
Set Big Goals: The first thing you need to do is set a goal so big, it scares the crap out of you.
Achieving big goals requires you to become a bigger person; you’ll have to develop new abilities, new attitudes, and different habits. That should scare you. When I started down the road to become a blogger, I was terrified, and I went through hell. Still, I didn’t let anything stop me from accomplishing the task at hand. Now, I get up every morning with a desire to do things, I’m rarely ever bored and when I am, I just start working on something new.
Each time I start a project, I strive to deliver quality, authority, and influence. I want people to look at my work and think it’s of a higher quality than most others; I want people to be entertained and with one look know it’s legit, because BlogXilla did it. That’s my goal, my purpose, and what I want my brand to stand for.
If you’re just about to start on your personal venture or your master plan, then ask yourself: what does your brand stand for, what do you want people to think about you when you’re gone?
People think success is all about hard work, but it’s not. There is an angry mob of unsuccessful people who work hard and fail to reach success. So they hate on other people by talking behind their backs, tweeting lies, and just causing drama. Don’t join that angry mob. You have the power to change your life and the only thing you need to do is start now.
Start now and the world will open up for you. Start now and the universe will open a path for you to reach your goal. Start now and you’ll be happier than ever and realize reaching your goal can be a reality.
I believe regular people think regular thoughts and live regular lives, drive regular cars, in regular clothes, eat regular food and doing regular stuff, in their regular relationships.
You should be phenomenal; think phenomenal thoughts and live a phenomenal life. Do you like how you look? Do you like the checks you are getting, do you like how you spent this weekend? Have you seen all the things you wanted to see?
If you answered no to any of those questions, it’s time to start living and reaching for your dreams – now.
PHOTO CREDIT: Jamaal DeVore for Inspire Or Retire
16 Rare Photos Of The Greatest Hip-Hop Acts Of The '90s
1. Rosie Perez and Tupac Shakur at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles circa 1993.Source:Getty 1 of 16
2. Here's a candid moment of Dr. Dre in his office listening to some music on a personal radio system with the CD player on the top back in 1992.Source:Getty 2 of 16
3. Speaking of Dre, all that hard work paid off. Here, he posed for a picture with Diana Ross and Eminem at the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards.Source:Getty 3 of 16
4. Hard work and dedication in 1996 helped Jay start down the road to becoming the mogul he is today.Source:Getty 4 of 16
5. Rappers and actors Big Boy and Andre 3000 from Outkast posed for photos after their performance at the Marcus Amphitheater in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1995.Source:Getty 5 of 16
6. Wyclef Jean, Lauryn Hill, and Pras Michel - better known as The Fugees - posed for a flick while kicking it backstage at the Manhattan Center before a 1993 performance in New York City, New York.Source:Getty 6 of 16
7. Years later, Lauryn Hill would go solo. Here she is posing for a shoot in New York back in 1998.Source:Getty 7 of 16
8. M E T H O D Man! Mr. Meth had the grills back in 1993.Source:Getty 8 of 16
9. Donald Trump and Diddy did business together back when the Don was a little more tolerant during Justin's Bar Grand Opening on September 30, 1997.Source:Getty 9 of 16
10. Nasty Nas circa 1990 in an unspecified photo shoot.Source:Getty 10 of 16
11. Beyonce Knowles got a lot of attention in the Destiny's Child days. This performance with Kelly Rowland in the background took place at the KMEL Jam at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, California August 29th, 1998.Source:Getty 11 of 16
12. Brandy Norwood and Ray J Norwood were all smiles at the 1994 Kids Choice Awards.Source:Getty 12 of 16
13. Ray was a little bit more of a badass in 1995, as he went with his sister to the "Batman Forever" premiere in L.A.Source:Getty 13 of 16
14. Bow Bow and Master P chatted it up at MTV's "Celebrity Slam" circa '99 and 2000.Source:Getty 14 of 16
15. Will Smith showed off his moves at a NBC All Stars party around the early '90s.Source:Getty 15 of 16
16. Tyra Banks and Snoop Dogg during 1998's MTV Rock n' Jock Baseball in Los Angeles.Source:Getty 16 of 16
#MotivationalMonday: Set Bigger Goals & Think Phenomenal Things was originally published on globalgrind.com