Just two months after Iman‘s husband David Bowie passed away, the model revealed that her mother, Marian Abdulmajid, has died.
Iman broke the news on Instagram Friday morning with an old picture of herself, her late husband, and her parents. The caption read, “Saddened by death of my mom Maryan Baadi. May Allah grant her the highest jennah. I beg that you respect my family’s privacy during our time of grief #ripmaryanbaadi”
The activist has kept a low profile since her husband’s tragic death back in January.
But Iman spoke to The Guardian in 2014 about how proud she was of her parents’ work in the Somali independence movement:
“My mother was an activist, so was my father. They came from a generation of young Somalis who were actively involved in getting independence for Somalia in 1960. So I remember when I was 5 how busy our house was. People would come in the middle of the night, meetings after meetings, and protests and all that. I grew up in the midst of all of that. And she instilled that in me. The fact that nobody can take your self-worth unless you give your consent,” she said.
We wish her the best.
SOURCE: Instagram, The Guardian | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
Eternal Love! 15 Photos Of David Bowie & Iman Over The Years
15 photos Launch gallery
1. The gorgeous supermodel and English superstar married in 1992 and have been inseparable ever since.
1 of 15
2. Both on their second marriage, the connection was cosmic.
2 of 15
3. Fashion forward couple.
3 of 15
4. Young Lovers.
4 of 15
5. Before KimYe, Hollywood was trying to keep up with these two.
5 of 15
6. They took risks together.
6 of 15
7. They were fearless together.
7 of 15
8. But somehow they remained a normal couple despite the fame.
8 of 15
9. They shared years of major success together.
9 of 15
10. And managed to look young and vibrant the entire time.
10 of 15
11. It's clear that they were madly in love.
11 of 15
12. Their connection was unexplainable.
12 of 15
13. They grew older together.
13 of 15
14. Iman admitted to still being fascinated by her husband after all these years.
14 of 15
15. RIP David Bowie.
15 of 15