“Fuck that old slavery bullshit-ass award show,” said Snoop.
He went on to explain how cultural appropriation runs rampant in the music business, just like it does in Hollywood.
“They steal all our culture, steal all our slang, steal all our everything, and they make it cool, and then we can’t get no acknowledgement for what we do as far as being originators and creators,” he said in the video posted to YouTube.
Snoop’s rant comes in response to Jada Pinkett Smith‘s announcement that she was boycotting the 2016 Oscars. Though Snoop’s own reaction is less PC, he shared the same sentiment: “Fuck the Oscars. Fuck the Grammys and fuck any of you motherfuckers who don’t nominate,” Snoop continued.
Snoop knows what it’s like not to win awards; he’s been nominated for 16 Grammys and never took home the trophy.
The West Coast rap legend does have a simple solution to the problem: The Hood Awards. “We give all black folks what they due and deserve,” he said.
Snoop then signed off like only he can: “I’m not watching that bullshit-ass show. Fuck em. I’ll be smoking dope, kicking it. You dig?”
Check out the rest of Snoop’s profanity-laced rant above.
SOURCE: U.S. Uncut | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
2015 BET Hip-Hop Awards Red Carpet Featuring Snoop Dogg, DJ Khaled, & More
1. Rick Ross and fiancée Lira MercerSource:Splash 1 of 14
2. Ray J and Princess LoveSource:Splash 2 of 14
3. DJ DramaSource:Splash 3 of 14
4. Travis ScottSource:Splash 4 of 14
5. DJ KhaledSource:Splash 5 of 14
6. Dej Loaf and her motherSource:Splash 6 of 14
7. Lil ScrappySource:Splash 7 of 14
8. E-40Source:Splash 8 of 14
9. Snoop DoggSource:Splash 9 of 14
10. Redman and his sonSource:Splash 10 of 14
11. Rich Homie QuanSource:Splash 11 of 14
12. 2 ChainzSource:Splash 12 of 14
13. T-PainSource:Splash 13 of 14
14. Soulja BoySource:Splash 14 of 14
Snoop Dogg Blasts Oscar Nominations: “F*ck That Old Slavery Bullsh*t-Ass Award Show” was originally published on boom92houston.com