Denzel Washington didn’t find the “Uncle Denzel” memes as funny as the rest of us did.
The star was photographed in a baseball cap and unkempt mustache at the Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao fight last year, and social media had a field day, creating a meme that went viral.
What fans and internet trolls didn’t know about Denzel’s appearance was the actor was in character for his role in The Magnificent Seven, in which he plays a badass bounty hunter who assembles a lethal killing squad of gunmen.
While promoting the Antoine Fuqua directed film, Denzel sat down with GlobalGrind‘s BlogXilla and finally revealed his thoughts on the viral moment.
“If I had my wallet, I’d show it to you,” he said. “Because they didn’t know what I was doing. They don’t need to know.”
And in case you didn’t catch the shade there, here’s a life lesson for all his haters:
In other words, haters gon’ hate. Watch the full interview on GlobalGrind.com.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
Like Father, Like Son: 7 Times Denzel Washington's Son John David Stole Our Heart
1. Denzel Washington's Son John David Washington Is FineSource:Robby Klein/Getty Images 1 of 7
2. Yes sir, we're talking about you.Source:Robby Klein/Getty Images 2 of 7
3. Like father, like son.Source:Gregg DeGuire/Getty Images 3 of 7
4. In his elementSource:Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images 4 of 7
5. Denzel WashingtonSource:Bruce Glikas/Getty Images 5 of 7
6. Denzel WashingtonSource:Bruce Glikas/Getty Images 6 of 7
7. Denzel WashingtonSource:Ullstein Bild/Getty Images 7 of 7
Denzel Washington Isn’t A Fan Of Those ‘Uncle Denzel’ Memes was originally published on hellobeautiful.com