Sometimes, a wig can be a woman’s best friend because of its ability to alter your look in a matter of minutes—but it’s not just the ladies who rely on the quick switch-up.
Jussie Smollett recently opened up about his new look for season three of Empire on an episode of the talk show Harry with Harry Connick Jr., in which he reveals he had to rock a wig for the entire season—because of his impulsive decision to shave his head this summer. He confessed, “I got in a little bit of trouble. Right before the BET Awards, I just didn’t like my hair. We stopped at a barbershop, 15 minutes before we were suppose to be there and shaved my head. I was finished shooting season 2 but I didn’t realize that season 3 picked up where the last season left off. They made me a wig.”
He’s not the only male star rocking a wig on the upcoming season. Bryshere Gray revealed to Global Grind that he also has to wear a wig after shaving his head for his role as Michael Bivens in the upcoming New Edition biopic.
Catch season 3 of Empire premiering tonight at 9pm on Fox. Pay special attention to everyone’s hairline.
SOURCE: The YBF | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
The Best Movies & Shows To Watch As Autumn Approaches
1. EmpireSource:Getty 1 of 11
2. How To Get Away With MurderSource:Getty 2 of 11
3. This Is UsSource:Getty 3 of 11
4. TimelessSource:Getty 4 of 11
5. The Walking DeadSource:Getty 5 of 11
6. WestworldSource:Getty 6 of 11
7. Lethal WeaponSource:Getty 7 of 11
8. PowerSource:Starz/Power 8 of 11
9. Survivor's RemorseSource:Getty 9 of 11
10. Black-IshSource:Getty 10 of 11
11. Tyler Perry's For Better or WorseSource:Getty 11 of 11
You Won’t Believe Which ‘Empire’ Stars Are Rocking Wigs For All Of Season 3 was originally published on globalgrind.com