Tisha Campbell-Martin is the proud mommy of an autistic son. Ever since his diagnosis, she has made a commitment to raising awareness about Autism, and speaking out to help parents and families find the best ways to care for their autistic children. She explains how crucial it is to get on it as quickly as possible, especially because children of color tend to get diagnosed later than Caucasian kid, and also get misdiagnosed more often.
Tisha also stresses the importance of getting everybody in the family on the same page, because one person can undo all the progress that you have made in just one day. Duane, her husband, had to go over to a family member’s house and really put his foot down, after they disregarded all their rules while caring for their autistic child. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive interview from the “Ed Lover Show.”
RELATED: Tisha Campbell-Martin On How Music Literally Saved Her Life [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Ed Lover And Tisha Campbell-Martin Discusses Changes In The Music Industry [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
RELATED: Jasmine Guy Reminisces About Working With Tommy Ford On “Harlem Nights” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
Celebrities with Autistic Children
8 photos Launch gallery
1. Holly Robinson Peete's son Rodney Jr. was diagnosed with autism at three.
1 of 8
2. Toni Braxton's son Diesel was diagnosed with autism as a toddler.
2 of 8
3. Boyz II Men band member Shawn Stockman’s son, Micah, was diagnosed with autism.
3 of 8
4. John Travolta's late son Jett had autism.
4 of 8
5. Actress Tisha Campbell's son Xen was diagnosed with autism at a young age.
5 of 8
6. Radio Host and entertainer D.L. Hughley's son Kyle has Aspergers, a form of autism.
6 of 8
7. Sylvester Stallone's son Seargeoh was diagnosed with autism at three.
7 of 8
8. Dan Marino's son was diagnosed with autism at age four.
8 of 8