In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, Elton John made some pretty shocking remarks.
Although Elton is known for his no-holds-bar attitude, no one expected him to express his feelings so brashly.
During the interview, Elton expounded on his age-old beef with pop icon Madonna, saying, “I say what I feel. I probably went too far with Madonna, and I got very personal and I wrote her – she was very gracious.”
Then, in a surprising plot twist the singer turned his target onto Janet Jackson. Elton, 68, fired shots at Janet for allegedly lip-syncing during her Unbreakable World Tour.
He said, “You know, fu*kng music magazines writing a review of Janet Jackson saying, ‘This is the greatest show – four and a half stars’,” he continued. “If it’s fu*king lip-synced! Hello! That’s not a show! I’d rather go and see a drag queen. Fu*k off.”
It has not been confirmed if Janet Jackson is indeed lip-syncing during her concerts, but Elton John held nothing back in his comments regarding her tour performance.
At least we now know how the star feels about artists who lip-sync.
SOURCE: PEOPLE | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Beefs That Never Got Cooked (PHOTOS)
1. 1. Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey were rumored to be clashing on the first day of judging on American Idol, but Mariah denied any tension during a recent press conference.1 of 9
2. 2. Monica and Brandy were set up to be in an R&B beef with each other back in the '90s when they were both coming up, but they united on a track proving it was all talk.2 of 9
3. 3. Beyonce was allegedly giving Kim Kardashian the cold shoulder since she started dating Kanye West, but it turns out she really doesn't have a problem with Kimmy!3 of 9
4. 4. After Jay-Z gave Rita Ora a track that was supposed to be for Rihanna, rumors swirled that the two were beefing. Turns out they love each other as Roc Nation sisters!4 of 9
5. 5. Ne-Yo recently made a slick comment or two about Trey's singing abilities in an interview, and even though Trey wasn't too happy, the two haven't been in an official feud over it.5 of 9
6. 6. Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey have been constantly compared throughout their careers, with fans going at each other, but the two really loved each other deeply.6 of 9
7. 7. Even though Lil' Wayne's baby mothers Nivea and Lauren London got knocked up and had his children around the same time, the two seem to get along just fine!7 of 9
8. 8. Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Lawrence were rumored to be in a feud since their movies 'Twilight' and 'Hunger Games' had fans going at each other, but the two recently met and were geeked by each other! || Photo credit: Stargasm.com8 of 9
9. 9. Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan were rumored to be beefing back in 2006, but they actually are just really close friends that had a misunderstanding.9 of 9
Elton John On Janet Jackson: “I’d Rather Go See A Drag Queen” was originally published on globalgrind.com