Another beautiful Saturday here in the City of Indianapolis. It may be one of the last warm weekends so let’s take advantage and get out there to enjoy it. There’s plenty of events going on today and some of them are listed below. Give the kids something to remember their fall break for other than sleeping.
- Going on now until October 10th is the 34th Annual Community Book Fair in Bloomington. This is a fundraising event to benefit the Hoosier Hills Food Bank in its mission to end hunger. To find out more head over to hhfoodbank.org/Book%20Fair.php
- It’s time for the Fall Harvest Festival at Waterman’s Family Farm in Marion County. Enjoy the hayrides to the pumpkin patch, a pumpkin-eating dinosaur, pony rides, mazes, food and more on the weekends. For ticket information check out watermansfamilyfarm.com/
- Beasley’s Orchard in Danville is holding it’s 31st Annual Heartland Apple Festival is this weekend. Live music, corn maze, hayrides, barnyard and so much more including Family Fun Days where you can see the apple cannons, U-pick apples and more. Get details for both at beasleys-orchard.com
- It’s Open Bite Night: Ridiculous at the Flanner House kicking off at 12noon today. Enjoy dishes from local cooks, chefs & caterers. Plus taste some great food, listen to great music and get knowledge from the spoken poetry. For more information click on OpenBiteNight.com
- Indy has been celebrating Peyton Manning all week and today is no exception as the Unveiling of his statue outside of Lucas Oil Stadium takes place at 3pm today. On Sunday, Peyton Manning’s No. 18 jersey will be retired at the Colts game. To be a part of the celebration go to Colts.com for more information.
- Join the Indianapolis Fire Department as they take on the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department in a charity basketball game to benefit the Julian Center. It’s called Hoops and Heroe’s and the game kicks off at 6pm tonight at Crispus Attucks High School. Doors open at 4pm and tickets are only $5. Get more details at hoopsandheroes.net
There are plenty more events happening in and around your city including the 100th Celebration of Central Library and the Haunted Ghost Walk on Monument Circle. Go to AroundIndy.com for a full listing of events going on in and around your city.