Gayle King has been Oprah‘s best friend for over 30 years. If anyone would know whether or not Oprah has beef with someone, it’s Gayle. The “CBS This Morning” anchor recently addressed the rumor that Tyler Perry and Oprah have fallen out.
When OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) was initially struggling to find it’s audience, Tyler brought over a slate of his shows which have been ratings success including, The Haves & The Have Nots, For Better Or Worse, If Loving You Is Wrong and more.
The Daily Mail claimed that Oprah and Tyler’s relationship has become strained over the past six months because Tyler couldn’t handle constructive criticism.
With a screen shot of the article on Instagram, Gayle said, “Huh? Just reading @Oprah & @tylerperry are angry w/each other & not speaking if that’s true (it”ain’t”)must have just happened 10 min ago!”
The alleged fight dates back to Oprah reportedly hiring a focus group to give feedback on Tyler’s show, The Haves & The Have Nots. The suggestion was to hire more writers to make the storylines stronger.
Apparently, that didn’t sit well with Tyler who reportedly said, “Aren’t the shows delivering ratings for the network? Well, then let me do what I do and you can keep your focus group research to yourself.”
A source close to the mogul reported that Oprah responded with, “…You needed me as much as I needed you when we decided to do this partnership and don’t forget that.”
Is it possible that Gayle is in the dark about the status of Tyler and Oprah’s friendship?
14 Amazing Photos Of Oprah Winfrey’s Hair Over The Years
1. The classic ’70s layered look.1 of 13
2. The bigger her career got, the bigger her hair.2 of 13
3. ’80s kween tresses.3 of 13
4. She brought the ’90s in with style…and fringe.4 of 13
5. Boss bangs and buoyancy.5 of 13
6. Looks like Oprah rocked the chic bowl cut before RiRi became known for it.6 of 13
7. Layered and luminous.7 of 13
8. Queen O’s hair is full of life.8 of 13
9. Tamed golden curls are her go-to look.9 of 13
10. This elegant curly updo works for Oprah, the actress.10 of 13
11. The media mogul’s ‘fro is on fleek.11 of 13
12. Locks fit for a Queen.12 of 13
13. Her straightened push-back is laid to the gods.13 of 13
Gayle King Addresses Oprah And Tyler Perry’s Alleged Feud was originally published on hellobeautiful.com